The ability to effectively, diligently and professionally investigate allegations or complaints relating to the abuse of vulnerable people in care is essential for the education, health, human services, disability and care sector.
Participants of this course will gain an understanding of the complaints and investigation process relevant to those investigating or managing investigators of reportable conduct matters affecting children, elderly people or people with a disability. The program includes end-to-end investigations process, and is tailored to focus on the regulatory scheme or environment of your choice:
- Child safety standards
- Reportable conduct scheme in your state or across multiple states
- NDIS reportable incidents
- Aged Care Quality incidents
- Client Incident Management System incident investigations
- or any combination of the above. Note that courses covering a wider remit may require more than 2 days.
The course is suitable for new investigators or those with more experience, and offers a trauma-informed lens on investigations with significant focus on developing the skills to safely and sensitively interview vulnerable people, children and respondents.